1. Cannabis has been around for around 12,000 years and can be traced all the way back to the Ming dynasty where they harvested cannabis for medicinal purposes.
2. Weed was the first product to be considered an online sale. Although it was illegal back then according to a shopify video on the history of e-commerce, back in the early 1970s Stanford students bought a bag of weed from MIT students, making it the first cannabis product ever sold online.
3. Modern day cannabis is considered purer than the illegal “hippie weed” that was imported into the United States back in the 60s and 70s. It’s been cultivated to increase its THC content, so the high you get from marijuana today is a lot stronger than what your parents or grandparents consumed.
4. Cannabis has a lot of nicknames which include weed, ganja, pot, grass, dope, reefer, hash, and even sandwiches if you’re a How I Met Your Mother fan.
5. Marijuana residues were found in Shakespeare’s home, which is believed to have been an enormous aid in writing all the screenplays and poems. Long story short Shakespeare smoked weed.
6. Bob Marley was buried with his red Gibson guitar, a cannabis bud, and a Bible open on the Psalm 23, which reads: “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures”
7. Los Angeles, aside from being the city of the stars, has more marijuana dispensaries than Starbucks.
8. The first president of the United States of America grew hemp. His farms at Mount Vernon were used to grow hemp in order to make paper, rope, sail canvas, clothing, and fishing nets.
9. Cannabis has been legal for personal use in Alaska since 1975, and it’s still legal til this very day!
10. Uruguay became, in 2013, the first country in the world to make it legal to grow, sell and consume cannabis.